Table of Contents
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact email@example.com
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission-granting process, PWGSC helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please go to PWGSC's on Government of Canada Works page (opens in a new window).
Public Works and Government Services Canada (opens in a new window)
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Canada, K1A 0S5
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman.
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman occasionally uses "cookies" to track how visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them, and the refusal of cookies will not affect the site performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman is a participant in the Government of Canada Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner.
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman Web sites may contain links to other sites. The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman may be directed to our Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
- Date modified: